Lisburn.com About Us
Please note, LISBURN.COM is currently undergoing a spring clean. Some things may not work as expected for a short time (hopefully!) We will get round to every directory and page in time, so bear with us as we tidy up the code and prepare for some changes.
This site is dedicated to the memory of the late Jim Collins.
Some key facts about LISBURN.COM:
- This website has been in continuous operations
- In 2012 we served over 500,000
- Had more than 250,000
- And our Lisburn Exiles
forum has over 30,000 posts from Lisburn people
around the world.
We would like to sincerely THANK YOU for your kind support over the past 16 years.
Started originally for exiles
from Lisburn who are scattered all over the world,
LISBURN.COM has grown over the years to become a valuable
resource for anyone interested in the town. The eclectic
nature of the site reflects the interests and passions of
Jim Collins and those he worked with
to build this website.
Running this valuable resource for the people of and from Lisburn obviously costs a lot of time and money.
So if you would like to help here are four ways you can:
- Participate in discussions. If you have something to say, say it on the Lisburn Exiles Forum or on our facebook page. Much of this site’s success is due to the active, intelligent community. You folks share ideas and offer suggestions. Any site with active readers
is going to grow stronger.
- Tell friends. If you like what you read, share it. Send stories along via e-mail, Twitter or facebook. Mention the site (if appropriate) in conversations.
- Click on ads that interest you. There’s nothing wrong with clicking on ads for topics that interest
you. If I’m on a history page, I might click on an ad for an ancestry site, for example. But don’t just click an ad because you think it’s a good way to leave a tip.
- Link to the stories you like. This is the number one way to support your favourite web site. At the
root of everything — traffic, revenue, subscribers — are links from other sites. If you enjoy this site, or if you find a
particular article you like, then link to it.
happy to confirm we have no connection with either
Lisburn City Council or
Lisburn Museum email address
Lisburn City email address is