|The Very Rev. Brian Brown. Parish Priest||St. Colman’s Church, Kilwarlin, built in 1812.|
Bottier Road, Moira.
Parish Priest: The Very Rev. Brian Brown
Telephone: 9261 1347
Sunday Mass: 9.30 am
|The interior of St. Colman’s Church, Kilwarlin.|
Brief history as recorded in a book ‘Lisburn’s Rich Church Heritage’ by John Kelly
St. Colman’s Church, Kilwarlin, was erected in 1812. The church was extensively renovated in 1967. Some of the earlier headstones in the adjoining cemetery relate to families from the parish of Aghalee, which was part of the Dromore Diocese even though it is located deep in the territory of the Diocese of Down and Connor. The adjoining parochial house was newly erected in 1964; Father Tom Mooney, P.P., was the first occupier. The present Parish Priest, the Very Rev. Brian Brown was installed here in November 2005.